한국일보

오피니언
Los Angeles
열린 마당
제목 Anybody can be confused no matter
작성자 zenilvana

Lately I have been to Seattle, WA for no specific reason. If an explain is needed, Seattle was the first entry port my wife and I embarked on the way to New York in 1972 for the permanent immigration. Since then, 46 years passed as an US citizen in this country.

I still vividly remember the rainy scenery through the enclosed glassy window dotted with raindrops under dark cloudy sky, which was nothing but gloomy welcome to my new adopted country. Once in a while when I had to visit Korea the plain dropped me there in transit to Seoul. And therefore that city has become the place to pass through from East to West, or vice versa.

This time around it was different, because we, my wife and the 2nd daughter, arrived there for nothing but the leisurely pleasure to sight-seeing the all about the city itself. We checked a night in the hotel named Kimpton 'Vantage' located at the corner of 5th Ave and Spring St.

Next morning we walked down the steep hill toward the piers, along where the old fashioned market still calls for lots of tourists just like us who hanged around for no meaningful purpose. We picked a restaurant "Ivar's Acres Clams" to eat expensive clam soup which is not any better than the one at the "Sweet Tomatos" in our local veggy eatery.

Afterward we strolled around the vendors and cruise boats along the water, and decided to get on board of a ferry to across the bay to an island, from which the whole downtown of Seattle came into view under the bright and beautiful panorama in the far distance.

It was perplexing Seattle airport was no where to be seen from there. it turned out the airport I have remembered is not one, but the Tacoma-Seattle which situated 1 hour away south from the Seattle itself.

On the way to climb back 35 degree uphill laboriously to our hotel, I came across a young man who stood alone talking to no particular person but himself. It was obvious he was sick mentally and spiritually. I overheard his a few syllable of 'FBI etcetera while he babbling. You might simple say he is crazy.

What you have so long convinced is not always what it be, but an illusion out of unknowing and unexplored reality. So it does with everything including Korean politics and the related matter of unification in the Korean Peninsular.

禪涅槃

2018-06-14 07:59:31
► 이 글에 대한 독자들의 의견
2   Rainbows79 [ 2018-06-16 08:19:21 ] 

젠장! 내 친구 방가방가 오랫만.
시애틀 야그만 하다가 끝나는 줄 알았더니 ㅎㅎ 왜 아니겠어 소회가 남 다르겠지...모처럼 열반에 든 사람같은 결론부...
우리 좌,우로 구획짓지 말고 같이 함께하는 세상을 꿈이라도 꾸어봅시다.

1   Rainbows79 [ 2018-06-16 08:19:21 ] 

젠장! 내 친구 방가방가 오랫만.
시애틀 야그만 하다가 끝나는 줄 알았더니 ㅎㅎ 왜 아니겠어 소회가 남 다르겠지...모처럼 열반에 든 사람같은 결론부...
우리 좌,우로 구획짓지 말고 같이 함께하는 세상을 꿈이라도 꾸어봅시다.

로그인 해주세요!
전자신문
주간운세
시민권 취득 예상문제
운전면허 예상문제