Los Angeles
열린 마당
제목 ABC 'THIS WEEK' 뉴스 번역
작성자 youngyoung

제프 플레이크, 버니 샌더스의 트럼프 비판 내용이 포함된 부분 번역하여 유튜브로 만들었습니다

https://youtu.be/W_7nNukRpTM

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZFi4oxbCE8
This Week with George Stephanopoulos 10/14/18 | ABC News Sunday Oct 14, 2018

SEN. JEFF FLAKE (R), ARIZONA: I do hope that somebody does run in the primary against the president. I think the Republicans need to be reminded of what conservatism really is and what it means to be decent.
JEFF FLAKE상원의원(공화당, 아리조나) 2020년 대선 예비선거에서 트럼프에 대항할 후보가 나왔으면 좋겠어요. 진정한 보수가 무엇인지 품격의 의미가 어떤 것인지를 다시 생각해 봐야 할 때라고 생각합니다.
George STEPHANOPOULOS: Republican Senator Jeff Flake retiring from the Senate this year. Will he be a candidate in 2020? We’re going to talk about that in a bit. Want to introduce him now. Senator Flake, thanks for joining us this morning. I do want to get to that but let’s begin with the news of the day, Jamal Khashoggi, the Saudi journalist who has disappeared in the Turkish embassy. You heard Larry Kudlow right there saying the president saying he’s going to take severe action. What should be done?
George STEPHANOPOULOS: 제프 블레이크 공화당 상원의원은 금년 상원에서 물러납니다. 2020년 대선 후보로 나설까요? 잠시 후 대담을 하며 좀 알아보겠습니다. 지금 소개드리겠습니다. 플레이크 상원의원께서 오늘 아침 함께 해 주심을 감사드립니다. 그 이야기도 하고 싶지만 오늘 궁금한 뉴스인 자말 카쇼기 이야기로 시작합시다. 사우디의 언론인인 그는 터키 대사관에서 사라졌습니다. 방금 전 래리 커들로가 대통령이 엄중한 조치를 취할 것이라고 언급했다는 말을 들으셨습니다. 어떤 조치를 해야합니까? SJF: Well, severe action needs to be taken and I think the Congress will take it upon themselves to take that action if it turns out, as the press reporting seems to indicate, that Saudi Arabia was involved.
GS: And what -- but when you say they’re going to take some kind of action, the president has ruled out -- it appears -- stopping the arms sales to Saudi Arabia. I know you were -- you were against stopping the arms sales in the past. Does this kind of a -- of a violation, if indeed the Saudis were behind the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, should that stop U.S. arms sales? SJF: I do think that arms sales will be affected. Certainly our involvement in Yemen with Saudi Arabia will be affected. That barely -- that involvement barely survived in the last go-round with the National Defense Authorization Act. It certainly won’t survive with -- with this kind of accusation, if it is true.

SJF: 엄중한 조치가 취해져야하기에 보도대로 사우디 정부가 개입되었다면 국회에서 그 문제를 직접 다루어야 한다고 생각합니다. GS: 조치를 취할 거란 말씀인데, 트럼프 대통령은 사우디 아라비아에 무기판매하는 것을 중단하는 조치는 배제하겠다는 것으로 알려졌는데요. 플레이크 의원께서도 과거에는 사우디에 무기판매를 중단하는 것은 반대했지요. 정말 사우디가 자말 카쇼기 살해에 배후라면 이런 위법행위에 대한 조치로, 미국의 무기판매를 중단해야 될까요? SJF: 무기판매에도 영향이 미치리라 생각합니다. 사우디와 함께 예멘에 개입하는 문제 역시 분명 영향을 받겠구요. 국방수권법(NDAA) 집행관련 마지막 공방에서 겨우 살아남은 공조인데 이런 비난을 사우디가 받게되고 그것이 사실이라면 이런 공조는 절대로 살아남을 수 없을겁니다.
GS: You say if it is true. Jamal Khashoggi was seen going into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, he was never seen coming out. That was over a week ago now. SJF: Right. GS: Is there any other explanation at this point? SJF: There sure doesn’t seem to be. The Saudi Arabia government has been asked, the ambassador has been asked directly to bring information back. They haven’t done so. Their explanation that their closed-circuit television just streamed and didn’t record just isn’t plausible. There’s just no good explanation and I think they know it. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear different explanations coming out of the Saudi government very soon. Explanations that frankly won’t make much sense, that it was done by lower level folks and that, you know, MBS didn’t have any involvement. That’s what I would expect to come next.
GS: 사실이라면이라고 말하셨는데 자말 카쇼기는 이스탄불에 있는 사우디 영사관에 들어갔다가 나오는 모습이 보이지 않았습니다. 일주일도 더 전에 일입니다. SJF: 맞습니다. GS: 이 시점에서 달리 설명할 수 있겠습니까? SJF: 결코 다른 설명이 없을 것 같습니다. 사우디 정부에게 요청했고, 대사에게도 직접 정보를 가지고 오라고 요청하였습니다. 아직 아무런 설명을 가지고 오지 않았습니다. CC TV가 문제가 생겨 녹화가 되지 않았다는 설명은 개연성이 없습니다. 달리 설명할 좋은 방도가 없으며 저들도 그걸 알고있다고 생각합니다. 조만간 사우디 정부가 다른 설명을 내놓는 것을 들어도 놀라지 않을 겁니다. 별로 신빙성이 없는 설명을 내놓겠지요, 그것도 하급관리가 mbs( Mohammed bin Salman)은 관련이 없다는 발표가 되겠지요. 다음에 그런 발표가 있으리라 봅니다.
GS: Let’s talk about President Trump. We’ve seen him out on the campaign trail pretty consistently over the last week. One of the issues he started to raise again is the return of the family separation policy. Let’s take a look. / TRUMP: Now everybody wants to come in and they come in illegally and they use children -- in many cases the children aren’t theirs. They grab them and they want to come in with the children. So we are, we’re looking at a lot of different things having to do with illegal immigration. I will say this. If they feel there will be separation, they don’t come.
GS: So the president’s talking about bringing that policy back in some form. It comes as we have this new poll out this morning showing Democrats now have a huge edge on immigration over Republicans. Is the president making a mistake here? SJF: Yes, he is. We shouldn’t bring that policy back. That -- that simply is un-American and I think everybody recognized that. The president seemed to. Certainly the first lady and others spoke directly against it. So I hope that we don’t return to that policy.
GS: 트럼프 대통령 이야기를 하겠습니다. 트럼프 대통령은 지난 한 주간 중간선거 유세에 줄곧 지원하는 모습을 보였는데요. 가족분리 정책으로의 복귀 문제를 다시 제기하기 시작하였습니다. 한 번 봅시다. PDT: 다들 불법으로 미국에 들어오는데 아이들을 이용합니다. 자기 자녀들이 아닌 경우도 많습니다. 아이들을 붙들고 들어옵니다. 불법이민 관련 다양한 모습을 보게됩니다. 이 말씀을 드립니다. 가족분리가 시행된다는 것을 알면 안 올겁니다. GS: 대통령은 가족분리 정책을 어떤 형태로든 다시 재개하자는 취지로 말합니다. 오늘 아침 이민문제와 관련 민주당이 공화당에 비해 월등히 앞서간다는 여론조사 결과가 나왔는데요. 대통령이 실수하는 걸까요? SJF: 네, 실수하는 겁니다. 그런 정책을 다시 재개해서는 안됩니다. 정말 미국적이지 않은 정책임을 다들 안다고 생각합니다. 대통령도 알았던 것 같은데. 영부인과 다른 보좌관들도 직접 반대하는 정책이었습니다. 그래서 그 정책으로 회귀하지 않기를 바라는 겁니다.
GS: Let’s talk about Justice Kavanaugh. You – you ended up voting for Justice Kavanaugh confirmation on the Supreme Court. He took his seat on the court, but now in our new poll, 50 percent of Americans say the Judiciary Committee you sat on didn’t do enough to investigate. /More than 50 percent support more investigation by the new Congress. Are you concerned that Americans see this whole confirmation process and perhaps the court itself now tainted? SJF: Well that was my concern when we finished the process and were about to vote in the Judiciary Committee, and that’s why I requested or basically demanded that we have an FBI investigation to look further into this. / We had that, I know a lot of people wanted it to be more broad. I would have liked to have started it earlier and had it more broad, but it was a good investigation. And I think we’re in a better place than we would have been. /And I don’t think that we should move forward, the Congress certainly, with – with additional investigations either into the leak that – that occurred that allowed, you know, a lot of the – a lot of the, you know, back and forth to go before – between Democrats and Republicans or certainly trying to remove Justice Kavanaugh from the court, as some of the Democrats have – have said that they would do.
GS: 캐버너 대법관 이야기를 하겠습니다. 캐버너 대법관 인준에 찬성투표를 하셨는데요. 캐버너는 이제 대법관이 되었습니다만 저희 방송국의 새 여론조사에 의하면 50%의 미국인들은 플레이크 의원께서 소속된 사법위원회가 충분한 조사를 하지 않았다고 생각하고 있습니다. 새 국회에서 조사를 더 하라는 여론이 50%가 넘습니다. 미국인들이 인준절차를 보고 대법원이 오염되었다고 볼 수도 있다는 점을 우려하시나요? SJF: 우리가 절차를 마치고 사법위원회에서 투표를 할 때 그 점을 우려해서 이 문제를 좀 더 자세히 조사할 FBI 수사가 필요하다고 제가 주장했습니다. 그래서 수사보고서를 받았는데 많은 사람들이 좀 더 광범위한 수사를 원한다는 것도 알고있습니다. 좀 더 일찍 시작해서 좀 더 광범위한 수사가 되었으면 좋았겠지만 수사 자체는 흠잡을 수 없습니다. 그래도 수사 후에 확실해진 면이 많이 있다고 봅니다. 캐버너 대법관을 대법원에서 내보내기 위해 일부 민주당 의원들의 주장처럼 민주당원들과 공화당원 사이에 수많은 공방이 있게될 추가조사를 국회에서 추진하는 것이 옳다고 생각하지 않습니다.
GS: That’s your counsel to Congress. How about your counsel to Justice Kavanaugh? How should he handle himself on the bench going forward? SJF: Well he – he gave a very gracious and magnanimous speech at the White House after he was confirmed. And he’s, you know, he – if you look at his record on the circuit court, everyone on the circuit court, those who worked with him, clerks, his colleagues said that he was courteous and there was nothing but good decorum and temperament during that entire time. / And I think that that’s how he will act on the court. So I think we can move on, it was a – it was an awful process, frankly, for all of us. Nobody want to go some – through something like this again. / But it was nice to see everyone from the court, those appointed by Republicans, those appointed by Democrats, all there to welcome him on the court and that’s a good thing.
GS: 그렇게 의회에 조언하시겠단 말씀이죠. 캐버너 대법관에게 조언하실 말은요? 앞으로 대법원에서 어떤 처신을 해야하나요? SJF: 인준되 뒤 백악관에서 품위있고 훌륭한 연설을 하였습니다. 순회법원 판사 재직당시의 기록을 보면 법원서기에서 동료판사에 이르기까지 법원 내 모든 사람들이 그의 모범적 성품과 겸손함 등 좋은 성격만을 말했습니다. 대법원에서도 그렇게 행동하리라 생각합니다. 그래서 과거 불쾌했던 인준과정을 뒤로하고 앞으로 나가자는 겁니다. 다시 이런 불편한 과정을 겪고 싶은 사람은 아무도 없으니까요. 그리고 민주당이 임명했던 공화당이 임명했던 간에 모든 대법관들이 캐버너 판사를 환영하는 모습은 좋은 징조입니다.
GS: We just saw Larry Kudlow downplay the U.N.’s findings on climate change. We’ve seen dramatic shifts in how Republicans think about climate change over the last several years. Are they going in the wrong direction?
SJF: I think so. I think that we’ve got – I mean there’s been more recognition among Republicans, the administration hasn’t taken the view of the some of us that this is something we really need to deal with. I hope that we can move along with the rest of the world and – and address this. It’s – it’s going to be challenging. Obviously that report that came out is – is pretty dire, but there are things that we can do and should do and I think Republicans need to be at the forefront if we want to keep – keep our place and keep our seats. GS: And you talk about keeping your seats, let’s talk about the – the midterm elections. We showed you talking about your hope for a primary challenge to President Trump is – as a way to bolster conservative values. So I wonder what you make of the argument of George Will, good conservative, who said conservatives should actually vote for Democrats in the midterms as a check on President Trump.
GS: 방금 래리 커드로우 백악관 경제자문 위원장이 기후변화에 대한 유엔조사를 평가절하하는 것을 보았습니다. 지난 몇 년간 공화당의 기후변화에 대한 생각이 극적으로 변하는 것을 지켜보았습니다. 잘못된 방향으로 가는겁니까? SJF: 그렇다고 생각합니다. 공화당 의원 중에서도 기후변화에 심각히 대처해야 된다는 견해도 있으나 트럼프 행정부가 반영을 하지 않은거죠. 나머지 세상과 우리가 보조를 맞추어 어렵지만 그 문제를 해결하려는 모습을 보여주기 바랍니다. 분명 유엔 보고서는 무척 충격적이지만 우리가 할 수 있고 해야만 하는 일들이 있고 의원들의 자리를 보존하기 위해서도 공화당이 선두에 서서 노력해야 합니다. GS: 자리보존이란 말을 하셨는데 중간선거 이야기를 하겠습니다. 보수의 가치를 공고히 하기 위한 방편으로서도 트럼프 대통령에게 맞설 예비선거 후보가 나오기를 바란다고 하셨습니다. 전통 보수주의 인물인 George Will이 트럼프 대통령에게 제동을 걸기 위해서라도 이번 중간선거에 보수주의자들은 실제로 민주당 의원을 뽑아줘야 한다는 주장에 대해 어떻게 생각하시는지요?
SJF: Well I hope that Republicans certainly in the Senate who are concerned about the investigation, making sure that it continues, the House Republicans have taken a little different position publicly. But the Senate, gratefully, the Senate Intel Committee has acted in a bipartisan fashion to make sure that we move forward, that Bob Mueller concludes his investigation on his timing, not ours. So I think that Republicans need to provide that check and that’s what our system of government does and I hope that they can without a change in who controls Congress. But I think that that may be coming if you believe the conventional wisdom, and I kind of do, the House will likely flip, the Senate will remain in Republican hands. GS: Jeff Flake, thanks for your time this morning. SJF: Thanks for having me on.
SJF: 나라를 걱정하는 공화당 상원의원들이 멀러(Mueller) 특검이 계속될 수 있는 방향으로 움직이기를 바랍니다. 공화당 하원의원들의입장은 외형적으로는 약간 다른 것 같습니다. 하지만 감사한 것은 상원 정보위원회는 우리가 앞만 보고 나가도록, 밥 멀러 특별검사가 우리의 타이밍에 맞추지 않고 자신의 타이미에 맞추어 결론을 내릴 수 있도록 초당적인 모습으로 행동해 왔습니다. 그래서 공화당 의원들도 삼권분립이라는 견제의 의무를 다하여 하원를 장악하는 구조가 바뀌지 않고(*공화당이 하원 다수를 유지하며) 그럴 수 있기를 바랍니다. 하지만 전통적 지혜로 보면 하원은 구조가 좀 바뀔 것 같군요. 그래도 상원은 공화당이 계속 다수가 될겁니다. GS: 제프 플레이크 의원 나와주셔서 감사합니다 SJF: 초대해 주셔서 감사합니다.
GS: Let’s bring in Senator Bernie Sanders now from Vermont this morning, Senator Sanders, thanks for joining us. We just heard Senator Flake talk about the midterm elections right there, I think he – thinks he wants Republicans to provide the check on President Trump.
You’re going to be out on the campaign trail in these final 22, 23 days. What’s you’re closing message? SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I), VT: My closing message is that we have to end one party rule in Washington. Right now you have a president, you have leadership in the House and the Senate working overtime to the needs of the wealthiest people in this country, turning their backs on working families. Look, you have a Congress that came within one vote led by President Trump of throwing 32 million Americans off of the health insurance they have. You have a Congress led by the president that voted to give over $1 trillion in tax breaks to the top one percent at a time of massive income and wealth inequality and drive the deficit way up.
GS: 버몬트의 버니 샌더스 상원의원을 오늘 아침 모십니다. 샌더스 의원님 참여해 주셔서 감사합니다. 방금 플레이크 상원의원이 중간선거에 대해 말하는 것을 들었습니다. 공화당 의원들이 트럼프 대통령을 견제하기를 원하고 있습니다. 의원님도 마지막 22일, 23일을 남겨놓고 중간선거 유세를 하시겠는데요. 유권자들에게 최종적으로 드릴 메시지는 무엇입니까? SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I), VT: 최종 메시지는 워싱턴에서 한 정당의 지배를 끝내야만 한다는 겁니다. 현재 대통령과 하원, 상원의 지도층들이 근로계층 가정을 외면하고 우리나라에서 가장 부유한 사람들의 필요를 충족시키기 위해 초과근무를 하며 일한다는 것입니다. 3천2백만명의 미국인이; 건강보험을 잃게 될 법안을 트럼프 대통령 주도하에 한 표 차이로 의회에서 부결되는 일을 보았습니다. 소득 불평등과 격차가 엄청난 이 시점에서 상위 1%에게 세금감면 혜택을 주어 국가부채를 한껏 끌어올리는 법안에 투표하는 의회를 트럼프 대통령이 이끌고 있습니다.
SBS: You got a president who introduced a budget that would have cut Medicaid by -- over a 10 year period by $1 trillion, Medicare by $500 billion, Social Security disability fund by $72 billion. That’s got to change. And by the way, you raise the issue, George, of climate change. And the comments a moment ago that Larry Kudlow made are so irresponsible, so dangerous that it’s just hard to believe that a leading government official could make them. What the inter-governmental panel on climate change said is that we have 12 years -- 12 years to substantially cut the amount of carbon in our atmosphere or this planet, our country, the rest of the world, is going to suffer irreversible damage. We are in crisis mode and you have an administration that virtually does not even recognize the reality of climate change and their policies, working with the fossil fuel industry, are making a bad situation worse. GS: You mentioned right at the top that you -- you say we should get rid of one party rule in Washington. The president has said that it’s going to be replaced by mob rule. That’s been backed up by an ad the Republicans are now running. Want to take a look.
SBS: 10년에 걸쳐 메디케이드 예산 1조 달러, 메디케어 예산 5천억 달러, 사회보장 장애복지기금 720억 달러를 삭감하는 법안을 상정한 대통령 밑에서 살고있습니다. 변화해야 합니다. 조지, 기후변화 문제를 제기하셨는데요. 래리 커들로우의 답변은 너무 무책임하고 위험하여 지도자 급 정부관리의 말이라고 믿어지지 않을 정도입니다. 기후변화 관련 정부부처 간 패널의 결론은 대기, 지구, 우리나라, 전 세계의 대기에 있는 탄소량을 12년에 걸쳐서 상당히 줄이겠다는 건데, 그동안 전세계는 회복할 수 없는 피해를 입게될 겁니다. 현재 위기상황인데 트럼프 행정부는 기후변화와 정책의 절박함도 모르고 화석연료 산업계와 협조해서 일함으로써 상황을 더욱 악화시키고 있습니다. GS: 서두에 워싱턴 내 일당통치를 없애야 한다고 말하셨습니다. 트럼프 대통령은 잘못되면 중우정치(*폭민정치/선동정치)가 될 것이라고 말해왔습니다. 공화당 광고도 그 말을 지지하고 있는데요. 한 번 보시겠습니다.
에릭 홀더 오바마 행정부 시절 전 법무장관: 저들이 저질로 나오면 발로 차야합니다 힐러리 클린튼, 전 민주당 대선후보 /전 뉴욕 상원의원 (2018년 10월 9일 영국 옥스포드): 여러분의 명분과 가치를 파괴하려는 정당에 신사적으로 대할 수는 없습니다. 코리 부커 뉴저지 민주당 상원의원: 일부 공화당 의원들에게 반기를 들고 일어나세요 좌파들
ERIC HOLDER, FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL, OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: When they low, we kick them.
HILLARY CLINTON, FORMER SENATOR, NEW YORK(Oct 9, 2018): You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about.
SEN. CORY BOOKER (D), NEW JERSEY: Get up and -- please get up in the face of some Congress people.
The Left: An Unhinged Mob
GS: The left, he calls it an unhinged mob. Are worried that Democrats -- you heard those quotes right there -- are falling into a trap laid by President Trump?
SANDES: Look, I mean I think one of the problems that we have is that there is very little civil discourse going on in politics today. And you have a president, who I think most people recognize, is a pathological liar. The Republicans have very little to say that they can defend, so a lot of the ads they’re running are very personal, very deceptive, very dishonest. They’re running all over the country. Look, the issue is not quote-unquote mobs. In my view what this whole election will come down to is whether we can mobilize people to come out and vote.
에릭 홀더 오바마 행정부 시절 전 법무장관: 저들이 저질로 나오면 발로 차야합니다 힐러리 클린튼, 전 민주당 대선후보 /전 뉴욕 상원의원 (2018년 10월 9일 영국 옥스포드): 여러분의 명분과 가치를 파괴하려는 정당에 신사적으로 대할 수는 없습니다. 코리 부커 뉴저지 민주당 상원의원: 일부 공화당 의원들에게 반기를 들고 일어나세요 좌파들: 고삐풀린 폭도입니다 GS: 좌파들을 고삐풀린 폭도라고 부르고 있습니다. 방금 들으신 말에 대해, 민주당원들이 트럼프 대통령이 놓은 덫에 걸려들고 있다고 걱정이 되십니까? SBS: 당면 문제 중 하나는 오늘날 정치에서 신사적 대화가 실종되었습니다. 대부분 사람들이 알고 있다고 생각하는데 병적으로 거짓말하는 대통령입니다. 공화당의원들도 변호해 줄 말이 별로 없어요. 그런 광고들은 따라서 개인적이며 기만적이며 무척 정직하지 못한 광고입니다. 전국적으로 광고를 하고있어요. 저들이 말하는 ‘폭도’가 문제가 아닙니다. 내가 보기에는 시민들을 투표장에 나와서 투표를 하도록 할 수 있느냐는 것이 관건입니다.

Four years ago, as you’ll recall, George, when the Republicans won landslide victories all over this country, we had the lowest voter turnout since World War II. So if people are sick and tired of working longer hours for low wages, not able to afford their prescription drugs, not able to afford to send their kids to college, tired of tax breaks for billionaires, you got to come out and vote, you got to stand up and say enough is enough, we don’t need one party -- right wing party controlling the House, the Senate and the White House.
4년 전, 조지도 기억하시겠지만 공화당이 전국적으로 선거에서 크게 승리했을 때, 우리는 2차세계대전 이후 가장 낮은 투표율을 기록하였습니다. 그래서 저임금으로 장시간 일하고 처방약을 사거나, 자녀들을 대학에 보낼 형편이 안되고, 억만장자들에게 세금감면을 주는데 신물이 나신다면 나와서 투표해야 합니다. 분연히 일어나 더 이상 안된다, 일당독주는 안된다, 우익정당이 하원과 상원, 백악관을 좌지우지해서는 안된다고 말해야 합니다.
GS: President saying that if -- if the Democrats get control, people like you -- he calls you crazy Bernie -- are going to take over and try to turn the United States into Venezuela. SANDERS: Ha. Right. Well, you know, what can we say about a president who literally does not go a day without saying massive lies. So let’s talk about what Bernie would do. Yes, Bernie would like to end a situation in which we remain the only major country on earth not to guarantee healthcare to all people and Bernie wants to expand and improve the Medicare program so that seniors now have dental care and have hearing aids and now have vision care that they don’t have right now. Bernie wants to end the absurdity of hundreds of thousands of bright young kids not being able to afford to go to college and millions leaving school deeply in debt.
GS: 대통령이 크레이지 버니라고 부르며, 민주당이 장악하면, 버니 샌더스 같은 사람들이 미국을 베네주엘라같이 만들어 놓을거라고 말합니다. SBS: 하루가 멀다하고 엄청난 거짓말을 쏟아놓는 대통령에 대해 무슨 말을 하겠습니까? 그러니 버니가 할 일에 대해서만 말합시다. 지구상에 주요국가 중 유일하게 전국민들에게 건강보험 혜택을 보장하지 않는 상황을 끝내겠습니다. 버니는 메디케어 프로그램을 확장 개선하여 현재 없는 치과보험, 보청기 혜택, 안과진료 등을 노인들이 누릴 수 있게하겠습니다. 버니가 수십만명의 머리좋은 젊은이들이 대학갈 형편이 안되고 수백만명이 깊은 부채에 빠져 대학을 졸업하는 현실을 끝내고 싶습니다.
He thinks -- Bernie thinks it’s more important to invest in the needs of our infrastructure and our working families rather than giving tax breaks to billionaires and large, profitable corporations. Bernie thinks that we should raise the minimum wage to $15 bucks an hour and are proud of the work that many of us did in helping to raise that wage at Amazon, 350,000 workers now are going to be making at least $15 bucks an hour. So what Bernie wants to do is to have a government that represents all of us, not just wealthy campaign contributors. Now Trump may not like that, but I think most Americans want to see us move in that direction. GS: Does Bernie think that President Trump should be impeached if Democrats take control?
SBS: 버니 생각에는, 억만장자나 돈 많이 버는 대기업에 세금감면 혜택을 주는 것 보다 인프라(*기간산업/하부구조)와 근로가정에 투자하는 것이 더 중요합니다. 버니 생각에는, 기본급을 시간당 15달러로 인상하고, 아마존에서 일하는 35만명이 적어도 시급 15달러를 받게 인상시킨 것을 도운 일을 자랑스럽게 생각합니다. 그래서 버니가 하고싶은 것은, 부유한 기부자 뿐 아니라 우리 모두를 대표하는 정부입니다. 트럼프 대통령은 좋아하지 않을지 몰라도 대부분의 미국인들도 미국이 그런 방향으로 움직이는 것을 보고싶어 합니다. GS: 민주당 의원들이 의회를 장악하면 트럼프 대통령은 당연히 탄핵을 당해야 된다고 버니는 생각하나요?
SANDERS: Bernie thinks that right now we got three weeks to go and we should not be deflected from our mission. And what our mission now is to rally the American people, make sure that people come out and vote so that we can recapture the House and hopefully the Senate as well. GS: Before we go, what should the United States do about Saudi Arabia and the -- and the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi? SANDERS: Well I was glad to hear Senator Flake make a point about ending the war in Yemen. I introduced a resolution with Senator Lee, a conservative Republican, that said that the Saudi-led war in Yemen, of which the United States is supporting, is unconstitutional, there was no authorization for it, it is a humanitarian disaster. So probably the most significant thing we should do is to end our involvement in the Saudi-led war in Yemen. GS: Senator Sanders, thanks for your time this morning. SANDERS: Thank you, George.
SBS: 버니 생각에는, 중간선거가 3주일 남았으니 우리의 임무를 고수해야 합니다. 임무란 미국인들을 단합시키고 나와서 투표하게 해서 다시 하원을 장악하고 나아가서 가능하다면 상원까지 장악하는 겁니다. GS: 가시기 전에 자말 카쇼기 실종사건과 관련해서 사우디에 대해 어떤 조치를 취해야 하나요? SBS: 플레이크 상원의원이 예멘 내 전쟁을 끝내야 한다는 취지의 말을 한 것이 기쁩니다. 마이크 리 보수주의 공화당의원과 저는 예멘 내 사우디가 선두에 선 전쟁을 미국이 지원하는 것은 헌법위반이며 정당화될 수 없고, 인도주의 측면에서 재난이라는 결의안을 채택하였습니다. 따라서 우리가 할 수 있는 가장 의미가 큰 조치는 예멘 내 사우디가 앞장 선 전쟁 개입을 끝내는 것입니다. . GS: 오늘 아침 감사합니다. SBS: 감사합니다, 조지.

2018-10-16 11:55:43
► 이 글에 대한 독자들의 의견
2   youngyoung [ 2018-10-19 14:28:36 ] 

자말 카쇼기는 워싱턴 포스트의 고정 컬럼니스트로 미국의 언론인이기도 합니다 또 기자나 언론인의 사망 특히 토막 살인은 전세계 기자들의 분노와 동변상련의 마음을 불러 일으킨 영향도 있으리라 생각해 봅니다 정치적 역학관계는 확실히 모르겠구요

1   bibliatell [ 2018-10-17 13:26:54 ] 

좋은 뉴스 감사. 직접 번역까지 하시며 수고 많으시네요. 자말 카쇼기가 사우디 출신 언론인이며 터키에서 죽었다는데 왜 미국이 아우성을 치는지 궁금합니다. 물론 터키와 미국의 관계가 최근 좋지 않았던 것은 알지만요. 과거 김대중을 군사정권에서 보호하려던 미국이 생각납니다.

로그인 해주세요!
전자신문
주간운세
시민권 취득 예상문제
운전면허 예상문제