Jr Mobile Device QA Test Engineer 6-Month Temp to Hire potential
Assure Solutions, Inc.
* Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Must be eligible for working in US
* Target work start date: 3/1/2017 (for 6 months with potential for conversion to full-time employment at the end of the 6-month period.)
Job Area - Device Validation
Job Location - Irvine, CA (or San Diego, CA)
Advanced degrees such as MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science (or Equivalent) in this role are preferred.
Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of experience testing handset, tablets and accessories using Android OS with focus on applications, user interface/experience and performance testing
• Basic Knowledge of wireless protocol (GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi, CDMA/EvDo, VoLTE etc.)
• Experience to upgrade devices with new software
• Experience in accessories testing and handset/tablets testing on Android OS
• Experience using tools like QXDM to capture logs of device behavior
• Three years of experience in one or more of the key test area : FOTA, stability, application, of device performance testing
• High level of general knowledge of various mobile operating systems
• Experience using bug tracking systems: Quality Center, JIRA, Mantis, Bugzilla, PTC, or other databases of test cases, result and defects
• Ability to use, understand and troubleshoot software applications and test plan
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Bilingual in English and Korean preferred but not required.
• This role will require Mobile Phones (or Tablets/ Accessories) testing/verification in accordance with Carriers and clients’ requirements, and input of any software and user interface bugs into the bug tracking system.
• Execute internally developed test cases.
• Document the test results as per test plan.
• Develop, review and update Test Cases as per requirement for different releases.
• Perform Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration Testing, and Usability Testing.
• Execute FOTA / battery / stability / application testing
• Report handset, tablet, and mobile device defects with detailed exactness in error databases, email correspondence, IM discussions, and in conferences
• Work with R&D teams in order to debug and analyze device software issues